Remodeling with Hardwood Flooring
Expert Hardwood Flooring Services in Denver, CO
When remodeling your home, you’ll have to decide on the type of flooring you want to be installed. Hardwood floors give any room in your home a rich, warm quality that enhances its overall aesthetics. In addition to added beauty, hardwood flooring is the perfect low-maintenance, safe, sustainable, and valuable addition to your residential property. Fortunately, A+ Hardwood Floors is here to help make your home’s hardwood flooring remodel smooth and hassle-free. We have more than 25 years of experience providing beautiful and durable hardwood floors to home and business owners throughout Denver, CO and the surrounding areas. Below, we’ve included some information to help you get started on your flooring remodel process. Contact our team today to learn more, or visit our showroom to view our stunning selection of hardwood flooring!
What Is Most Important When Remodeling Your Floors?
There are several things homeowners should consider when planning their hardwood flooring remodel. We’ve included a helpful guide of things to think of before making any significant changes to the flooring in your home. Some of the things you should look for when choosing your floors include:
- Durability – Overall, the harder your flooring material is, the better. Hardwood floors can last 50 years or more when properly maintained. When choosing your hardwood floors, you want the best flooring you can afford that will last as long as possible. However, you also want a material that’s easy to maintain.
- Choosing a Floor Material – Many different styles of custom flooring options are available, including wood, carpet, and vinyl flooring. Choosing your home’s flooring type is important based on how the room will be used. For example, hardwood floors are great for rooms that require easy clean up from spills or dust.
- Traffic Flow – How much traffic flow does your household have? If your floors see a lot of foot traffic, you should choose a type of flooring that resists scuff marks and scratches.
- Room Size – Room size is important when choosing flooring materials for your home’s remodel. For example, hardwood floors can make a room appear cleaner and larger.
- Budget – The flooring type you choose is up to you, but to ensure you’re making a good investment, you should stick with a material you can afford that lasts a long time.
Every home’s flooring remodel is unique, but before you start making big decisions for your project, take these considerations into your planning process. A+ Hardwood Floors can help you find the best material for your household while keeping you within budget.
Why Is Wood Flooring Preferred in Homes?
With all the different flooring options available today, hardwood may seem expensive compared to vinyl or laminate. However, hardwood flooring remains the superior choice for a safe, clean, low-maintenance, and beautiful home. When you consider the overall life of quality hardwood floors that are properly installed, the benefits of wood flooring offset the initial cost, including:
- Hardwood Floors Are Safe & Clean – Hardwood floors are more sanitary than other types of flooring. While carpet traps allergens, dust, and debris, wood floors make your home healthier and safer. This is especially true for those who suffer from allergies.
- They’re Easy to Maintain – Hardwood floors might cost more upfront than carpet but require less maintenance because they’re sealed with a protective finish layer. They’re more stain resistant than other flooring types, and if they get scratched or dented, they can be restored to mint condition. It’s rarely necessary to replace a wood floor.
- They’re a Sustainable Choice – Because wood flooring is the most abundantly renewable flooring material available, it’s a sustainable choice. The U.S. Forest Service states that the annual net growth for hardwoods is greater than the average annual removal rate, meaning trees are growing faster than they’re being used. They can also be recycled and last longer than carpet and other types of flooring.
- They Add Beauty & Value to Your Home –Hardwood is one of the oldest flooring materials, and its natural beauty never goes out of style. With a large variety of trees and wood types available, including a world of colors, consistencies, designs, and grain patterns to choose from, you can create any look you desire in your home. Hardwood flooring also increases a home’s value substantially compared to carpet and other types of flooring.
Why Do I Need a Home Renovation?
When it comes to resale value, making high-quality upgrades allows you to increase the asking price of your home. If you have yet to make current plans to sell your home, making renovations is still a great way to increase the equity you have in your home.
Do Hardwood Floors Need to Match Cabinets?
Are you set on wood for the flooring and cabinetry in your kitchen? If so, you might be wondering if your wood floors should be darker or lighter than the cabinets. Fortunately, there’s no right or wrong answer. Light-color hardwoods look excellent with dark wood cabinets, and vice versa. However, matching the colors can also work, especially if the materials differ.
How Do You Choose Proper Flooring for a Renovation?
At A+ Hardwood Floors, we take all the hard work out of selecting the right flooring materials for your home and household needs. We have years of experience providing comprehensive wood flooring services and know what questions to ask to ensure you’re fully satisfied with our services. You can count on our team to help determine which type of flooring materials are right for your Denver area home, taking several things into consideration, including:
- How much foot traffic are your floors going to get?
- How much sunlight are your floors exposed to?
- What’s your budget?
- What’s most important to you? (Aesthetics, durability, etc.)
Do Hardwood Floors Add Value to a Home?
Every year, countless homeowners have hardwood floors installed because they’re an excellent investment. It’s been reported that adding hardwood floors to your home can increase its value by three to five percent or more, making the value of installation go beyond the asking price for your residential property.
Can I Install Flooring in My Home in the Winter?
Lowered humidity levels in the winter cause floorboards to shrink, which can lead to gaps between the planks and cracks in the surface of your flooring. When you schedule hardwood flooring services with the professionals at A+ Hardwood Floors, you don’t have to worry about anything going wrong with winter installation. Before beginning installation, we’ll also do our best to acclimate the wood to our local climate.
Why Is Home Renovation Best Left to a Professional?
When it comes to installing floors for your home’s remodel, it’s important to have it completed by a professional. Flooring installation can be tricky, unlike painting and other smaller DIY home improvement projects. Without the proper tools or experience, you might not get the value out of your investment. Let the hardwood flooring installation experts at A+ Hardwood Floors take care of your home’s flooring remodel project from start to finish. We’ll make sure every part of your installation process goes smoothly.
Contact A+ Hardwood Floors Today to Learn More
With more than 25 years of experience providing home and business owners with professional hardwood flooring services, A+ Hardwood Floors is here to help you with your residential flooring remodel from start to finish. Our highly qualified team is fully bonded and insured, and all our work is guaranteed. We proudly use green and eco-friendly products and finishes for all our residential and commercial services throughout Denver, CO and the surrounding areas, including Englewood, Parker, Lakewood, and Littleton. Whether you’re planning a home office remodel with pre-finished hardwood flooring or want hardwood floors throughout your home, we’re here to help each step of the way. Contact us today to learn more and get started with your free estimate.