Installing Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood Flooring Tips & Resournces in Denver, CO
A Plus Hardwood Floors has been in business for over 25 years, and in that time, we have delivered consistent results to our valued customers. When you work with our team, you can expect the best – and our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau attests to that. We have won two consecutive Super Service Awards from Angie’s List, and we always maintain excellent reviews from past customers. When selecting new hardwood floors or finding a company to handle hardwood floor refinishing, you need to go with the best. Trust our commercial-grade, high-quality products today.
We Provide Floors Rated for Radiant Heating
We want to help you feel comfortable in your home. If you are planning to install radiant heating or already have it, our team can supply you with flooring rated for radiant heating. It is important not to use substandard flooring not rated for radiant heating, as it can cause a whole host of problems, some of which can cost thousands to repair. Instead, get in touch with our professionals. We will help you select the right flooring for your home and ensure you have a comfortable home.
Experienced Basement Hardwood Floor Installation
If you are finishing your basement, you will come to a point where you have to consider flooring. By far, the most common basement flooring surface is concrete. Many homeowners want to create a more inviting environment for a new living environment. Installing hardwood over concrete is challenging but more than possible when working with our specialists. Another option is luxury vinyl plank flooring, which is ideal for basements due to its waterproof nature. We have years of experience laying hardwood on top of concrete and ensuring it stands the test of time. There are many reasons to consider hardwood in the basement, including:
- Aesthetics: Concrete is boring to look at, so many homeowners begin with aesthetics when considering hardwood floors. Adding new flooring to your basement will transform it into a livable space. You can turn it into a guest bedroom, game room, or home theater. The possibilities are endless.
- Warmth: Have you ever walked barefoot on indoor concrete? It is cold and unpleasant and creates a negative living environment. Hardwood floors are a much better solution. You’ll enjoy a warmer and cozier experience by trusting the professionals at A Plus Hardwood Floors.
- Value: Hardwood floors are highly durable. Their durability is the biggest reason why they are considered a worthy investment. If you ever decide to sell your home, finishing your basement with hardwood floors will up the sale price.
Carpet to Something Better: Superior Hardwood Floor Installation
We understand why many homeowners want to switch from carpet to hardwood flooring. Carpet floors offer many benefits, but the downsides outweigh the advantages. That’s where our team comes in. Hardwood floors are renowned for their sophistication, durability, and ability to boost home values. We pride ourselves on selling and installing this premium flooring option throughout Denver, CO and the surrounding area. We have a large showroom that demonstrates our commitment to providing our customers with the choices they deserve. Once you select flooring, you can count on our team to complete the following steps successfully:
- Preparation: You will need to move all furniture out of the room we will work in. We can refer you to a moving company.
- Removing Trim: We take care not to damage your baseboards, but we must remove them to remove the carpet and perform hardwood floor installation.
- Removal: Once we have the trim out of the way, we will remove the carpet and the padding. Any other residues or obstacles have to go too.
- Install the Hardwood: Now that we have removed the carpet, our professionals will start installing your new hardwood floors. They work quickly and carefully.
- Replace the Trim: Once you are satisfied with the hardwood floor installation, our team will gently reinstall your trim and baseboards.
How We Can Help You Color Match Hardwood Flooring
Over the years, we have worked with countless families who moved into a house with hardwood flooring in some rooms and carpet in others. The problem is uniformity. Hardwood floors age and change over the years, making it a challenge to achieve a seamless look throughout the home. Fortunately, our team knows how to solve this problem. We can install contrasting colors, remove the old floor, or color match. We will consider numerous factors, including species, width, length, cut, grade, thickness, finish, and the origin of the wood. These elements help us select an option that will make you happy with your new floors.
Understanding Staining and Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Choosing a hardwood floor is an important decision. Hardwood is expensive and disruptive to replace, unlike carpet, laminate, or other options. In short, it is a significant investment in your future. So you’ll want to get it right. Fortunately, our team knows how to guide you in the right direction. We can help you choose the color and the right species for your home. Our team can use your budget to inform our advice and lead you in the direction of satisfaction. Once you choose the flooring, you can assess whether you want to stain your hardwood. No matter what, your new floors will look gorgeous. But staining them will provide an additional layer of beauty. We can help you decide which stain to choose based on various factors, including:
- Your Home’s Décor and Aesthetics
- The Species of the Wood
- The Hardness of the Wood
- How Much Sunlight Enters Your Home
- Resale Value
DIY Hardwood Flooring Installation
We are always willing to offer our hardwood floor installation services. We can deliver your new flooring and install it in your home if you want. But we also understand many homeowners know how to get the job done themselves and take pride in completing DIY projects. If that is the case, we offer a comprehensive one-on-one instructional session to ensure installing your floors goes as planned. We recommend purchasing additional supplies, such as a hardwood fiber mat, moisture barriers, and sound reduction. You’ll need various tools to complete your DIY hardwood flooring project, including:
- A Pry Bar
- A Handsaw, Mitre Saw, and Table Saw
- Chalk Line
- A Finish Nailer
- A Tape Measure
- A Flooring Stapler
- An Air Compressor
- And Caulk and Filler to Match the Flooring
Contact A Plus Hardwood Floors for Hardwood Flooring Sales
Embarking on any home improvement project should be an exciting time. Too often, it stresses homeowners and ruins the fun. A Plus Hardwood Floors aims to make the process easier and more customer-friendly. We begin with our comprehensive and large-scale showroom, where you can find flooring options galore. But we don’t stop there. Our team complements our showroom by helping each individual discover what they need. We offer free estimates, dust-free hardwood services, and eco-friendly selections. Combined with our 25 years of experience, there is no reason not to trust our team. Contact us today for more information.